Thursday 24 May 2018

Caroline Vincent's pre-trip thoughts



I feel very fortunate living in the western world where we generally expect a safe place to sleep, and modern facilities and amenities are expected as a given right. We are privileged to live in such an abundant society with healthcare services and government resources available to most of us.


After questioning why I was putting myself forward for this trip rather than donating money to a UK cause I came to the conclusion that its easy to put money in a charity box or support mainstream fund-raising events but to have the opportunity to be able to physically help families will be more enriching than I can imagine and I’m probably unlikely to ever have the chance again. To know that we will be helping families who are probably already burdened by the hardships of the area they’re born into and are likely to have limited chances of changing their lives, yet they’ve taken on additional children who have been orphaned is a truly humbling prospect.


And finally, as an avid fan of all things property and hoping to embark on my own self-build project in the future, I’m really looking forward to getting my hands dirty and being part of the build process. Can’t wait to get going!

Cx



No comments:

Post a Comment