Monday 25 June 2018

What Greg had to say now he has returned from the trip


“It’s been over a week back and I still can’t find the words to describe how it felt being out there. Going out there I had no idea what to expect but knew that if I could at least help the community I would have achieved what I set out to do. Little did I know I would have to be up dancing, giving piggyback rides, playing football and all the other fun we had with the community. Even the work didn’t feel like work when the masons were being really helpful and playful with us. When we managed to get the scaffolding up on the first day was just a great boost to us that we carried on through the week to finish in record time. Seeing the smile on the families faces at the end made all the hard work worth it and how the whole community came together to help out in any way they could just kept pushing you to try harder. To me I still haven’t really come back to my reality yet and speaking to people who have gone before it doesn’t sound like you ever do and that’s fine by me as that trip, community and the people I shared this experience with will always be a part of me. I think we all had the same feeling when we got back of ‘Just get me on that plane and send me back again’ and that feeling will stay with me forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment