Monday 4 June 2018

Clair Barry's Pre Trip Thoughts ....


I have worked in property for 22 years….I’m old. The best part of my job is sharing in the excitement when people are moving into their new homes, it is such a great moment to walk into your new property and I cannot wait to be involved in this fantastic project to build homes in Malawi.

 

I am looking forward to stepping away from my normal day to day, getting my hands dirty, making many new friends along the way and finding out more about my Touchstone colleagues who are sharing the same experience.

 

Jon was the first person to share with me his wonderful stories of Malawi and since then when I am in a Touchstone office and mention Malawi someone’s eyes will light up and they tell me about the fantastic time they spent there and the amazing life changing work Habitat for Humanity provide across the world.

 

I will be a little sad to leave my wonderful husband James and Manchester United loving dogs Fred the Red and Eric Cantona but James being a typical “Yorkshire Man” is hoping I will pick up some new skills and come back able to build an extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment